A face-lift surgery includes a number of procedures like re draping of loose skin, and removal of the sagged and excess skin as well as tightening the face muscles and the muscles of the neck. You would however need to maintain your skin well after the surgery.
Here are a few tips that you need to follow after a face-lift surgery
- Always abide by all postoperative instructions that are advised by the plastic surgeon. Do not remove or change the bandages till you are told.
- Sleep with the sleep at a higher angle to reduce all kinds of swelling and bruising that can appear after a few days of surgery.
- Rest as much as you can and get a good amount of sleep.
- Your skin feels really tender and smooth after the surgery and there are possibilities that rashes may break out. Thus, it is suggested to wash the skin daily and pat dry with a soft and smooth cloth.
- Also apply a good sun block cream if you go out in the sunrays- especially after a face-lift surgery. The sun block cream helps to protect your skin from the ultraviolet rays of the sun and keep it fresh, shiny and glowing.